I found owncloud recently. It is a dropbox replacement that you can host yourself. It is very easy to install on CentOS6 but if you do not use the EPEL repository you have some dependency issues.
Here is hot to install it quick and easy.
Quick and Easy Owncloud install on CentOS6
- Install CentOS6 minimal install.
- yum -y update
- yum install wget
- wget http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm (this is the 64bit version of the EPEL repo rpm...)
- rpm -Uvh epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
- cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
- wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:ownCloud:community/CentOS_CentOS-6/isv:ownCloud:community.repo
- yum install owncloud
- when it ask you if it is ok to import the GPG keys for EPEL and owncloud enter Y for yes. (Importing GPG key 0x0608B895: Userid : EPEL (6) <firstname.lastname@example.org>Package: epel-release-6-8.noarch (installed)
From : /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6
Is this ok [y/N]: y
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID ba684223: NOKEY
Retrieving key from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/CentOS_CentOS-6/repodata/repomd.xml.key
Importing GPG key 0xBA684223:
Userid: "isv:ownCloud OBS Project <isv:ownCloud@build.opensuse.org>"
From : http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/CentOS_CentOS-6/repodata/repomd.xml.key
Is this ok [y/N]: y)
- service httpd start
- Go to your ip in a web browser /owncloud/ http://yourip/owncloud
- set your admin username and password and you are done with the server.
- Setup your clients to sync with the server download your clients here http://owncloud.org/support/install/
If you want to sync your phones get the android or iphone app from the store for your device...
I hope this made it easy for you! Its a great piece of software...